Preparing Students for Success in VCE Unit 4 Global Politics in 2017
Presented by: Lou Spanos
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
This workshop is aimed at both current and new teachers of VCE Global Politics in 2017. A focus for the workshop will be the REVISED VCE Global Politics Unit 4 study design accredited for 2016-2017.
Lou Spanos will use a combination of presentations, workshops and hands on learning activities to unpack the revised Study Design, identifying good resources that are easy to access as well as the preparation of School Assessed Coursework.
The focus for this workshop will be the VCE Global Politics Unit 4 study design accredited for 2017.
• Consolidate understanding of the structure, knowledge and skill for the Unit 4 Study Design
• Examine and finalise a structured course delivery program including samples of Unit 4 SACs
• Develop skills in the conduct of SAC assessments, design and marking
• Develop skills to mark student work effectively in Global Politics
• Explore a variety of teaching and learning resources both physical and digital that will maximise student understanding in a subject that is very current and topical
• Analyse the examination format for 2017
• Share and receive examination resource advice on Unit 3 & 4 Global Politics
If possible, please bring your laptop or tablet device
|Friday June 2nd, 2017|
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Karstens Conference Centre
123 Queen St, Melbourne
|For VCE Global Politics teachers|
About the Presenter
Lou Spanos is a dedicated and passionate educator who has taught several VCE subjects since 1987. He has worked as a VCAA assessor and examiner of VCE Economics and Legal Studies and has been an assessor of International Studies/Global Politics since 2005. In 2011 he was appointed Chief Assessor in International Studies. In 2010 he was member of the VCAA panel that designed and wrote the new Global Politics Study Design that commenced in 2012. Lou has also presented at lectures and seminars for both students and teachers of, as well as authoring the International Studies/Global Politics examination advice for The Age Education VCE November Examination lift out since 2009.