Presented by: Greg Mitchell
Teacher PD Event Information: 6 Teacher PD Hours
This workshop is created for leaders in schools who are responsible for learning areas, are year level coordinators, or who are managing a team of teachers. It also is gives great insights for those teachers who are aspiring to leadership roles within schools.
This workshop looks at team responsibility and dealing with individuals. It will also examine issues relating to performance and team optimism. The program is designed to help participants understand how middle level leaders in a school can influence and support teachers to achieve team outcomes.
Specific content will include:
- How to build team without wasting time.
- How being positive, simple, focused and fast in meetings makes the team work better.
- How using a “feed-forward” technique focuses on the future rather than feed back approaches that zero in on a past that you can’t change.
- Understanding your leadership style and the impact it has on others.
- How co-operation works and increases ownership.
- How to follow through on monitoring school standards of teaching and student interaction.
- How to conducting professional conversations with the teachers in your team.
- How to manage conflicts with team members.
|2nd November, 2017|
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
489 Elizabeth St, Melbourne
|Target Audience - Primary and Secondary|
|$306.90 GST Incl.|
About the Presenter
Greg Mitchell has been a teacher for nearly forty years with the last 15 of those years spent helping schools improve, develop and change. Over that time he has worked with hundreds of school teams to develop new positive programs to improve teaching, team relationships and manage rapid change. Greg workshops are interactive, practical and full of resources that you can use to make your school and the teams within them function at the highest possible level.
He will also provide you with a huge range of school “Hacks” that you can initiate to change the stuff that sucks the life out of day.