Presented by: Andrew Douch
Teacher PD Event Information: 6 Teacher PD Hours
Work Smarter, Not harder!
This one-day, life-changing workshop will take you from being an ordinary (and probably inefficient) Mac user to being a Mac power-user.
Most Mac-using teachers are simply unaware of the powerful ways their Mac can amplify their productivity, both in and out of the classroom.
In this workshop you will learn to:
- Automate all sorts of repetitive tasks, from typing frequently-used phrases to filing documents into folders on your hard disk. This is achieved using simple but insanely powerful tools and techniques that most Mac users don’t even know exist!
- Launch applications, switch between applications, or change settings with just a keystroke!
- Stop typing (or having to even remember) passwords to log into websites! -there’s an app for that!
- Free up gigabytes of hard disk space, without deleting any of your files.
- Discover super-useful teaching tools that you can take advantage of, each and every day in the classroom.
- Much, much more.
Each of the tools and workflows covered in this workshop has been selected because it saves time, increases efficiency, reduces stress or in some other way makes you feel like a Mac Ninja!
Whether you are new to the Mac or have been using one for a while, there are sure to be many tips, tricks, shortcuts, applications, utilities and workflows that will enable you to improve your work, while also saving time and effort!
|22nd November, 2017|
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Mulgrave Country Club
|Target Audience: Any Mac user who wants to learn to work smarter and more productively with their computer. Even seasoned Mac users will likely find much they had never heard of before.|
|$306.90 GST Incl.|
About the Presenter
Andrew Douch is a teacher, productivity maven and has been an avid Mac user since 1988. He credits much of his professional success as a teacher, keynote presenter and consultant, to his proficient use of a Mac. He has a passion for discovering and sharing tools that help teachers (including himself) work smarter; getting more done with less time and less stress. In this workshop he shares the very best fruits of that search. Andrew has 22 years classroom experience and has been recognised by organisations as diverse as Microsoft, the IMS Global Learning Consortium and the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. The innovative nature of his ideas has attracted numerous awards including an Australia Education Excellence Award for Curriculum Innovation and Microsoft’s Victorian, Australian and Worldwide Innovative Teacher of the Year awards.