Save The Date
Agile Leadership in Fragile Times – Leadership for Coordinators
How do we lead people to work together at their best?
Schools have not always been known for their ability to cope with rapid change but in the COVID era schools have been called on to keep going no matter what. This means that school leaders and coordinators need to respond to change rather than follow a plan while empowering individuals and interactions rather than unworkable processes and tools.
This difference in focus means that the leadership styles that worked well for traditional management approaches do not work well in a virus driven crisis.
This workshop explores agile leadership for
- Senior teachers
- Deputy or assistant principals,
- Head of learning area,
- Year level coordinators,
- Aspiring leaders
Using nine principles spelled out by the Agile Business Consortium.
- Actions speak louder than words
- Improved quality of thinking leads to improved outcomes
- Organisations improve through effective feedback
- People require meaning and purpose to make work fulfilling
- Emotion is a foundation to enhanced creativity and innovation
- Leadership lives everywhere in the organisation
- Leaders devolve appropriate power and authority
- Collaborative communities achieve more than individuals
- Great ideas can come from anywhere in the organisation
And provides participants with skill development resources, activities, materials, and experiences which help coordinators with…
- Connecting with and building a team
- Mentoring and developing talent.
- Improving work/life balance with teamwork
- Helping everyone to adapt to change
- Researching and developing innovation
- Innovating by borrowing
- Gathering data to better understand students’ needs
- Delivering quality learning
- Establishing goal-setting and innovating through goal setting
- Getting routines right
This is a fast paced entertaining and practical day that will enable your school to turn a disaster into an amazing opportunity.