Save The Date
Behaviour Management for CRT’s
As a CRT (Casual Relief Teacher) you also need to be a Crisis Response Teacher. You will need your magic folder of resources for when the work runs out or more critically when no work has been left for the class. You will also need to bring your behaviour management ‘A’ game to those challenging classes. This workshop will cover everything from the history of behaviour management to what to say when the ‘bush lawyer’ is trying to hook you in. This is a generic workshop that hopefully has something for everyone as it is not weighted toward primary of secondary aged students.
This workshop will provide participants with –
- How to survive the trip to the school and getting set up
- How to survive the first 5 minutes of your first lesson with a class
- Surviving the staff room, and surviving everything from ‘I haven’t got a pen’ to a critical incident such as a physical fight
- The history, the basics of discipline, an audit of your behaviour management approach and how to detect the hotspots that can ruin your day
- A framework of 10 essential teacher skills and a framework to take your practice forward and build on what you already know.
Participants will receive a wide range of resources including –
- Survival Guide for CRT’s
- The Ten Commandments of Defusing Confrontation
- 10 Essential Teacher Skills
- 20 Strategies to Manage Challenging Behaviour