Save The Date
Behaviour Management for New and Beginning Teachers
This workshop is ideal for new and beginning teachers interested in building a discipline model for their classroom.This workshop explores how to implement and embed 10 essential behaviour management skills across a range of primary and high school classrooms. The content is interactive and participants will leave the day with practical tools including a generic set of classroom rules, the 4 R`s for maximising student engagement and how to achieve positive outcomes with those difficult to manage students.
Topics covered include classroom rules, verbal and non-verbal communication, issues around compliance and punishment, logical consequences, defusing conflict, the critical establishment period, the role of routines and procedures, and how to avoid repetitious and unproductive teacher talk.
This workshop will explore and share how to –
- Improve your classroom climate
- Decreasing dependence on reactive disciplinary practices
- Maximizing academic achievement and instructional practice
- Implement routines and procedures for a positive learning environment
- Understand and apply behaviour initiatives including Restorative Practices, Assertive Discipline, Circles, Positive Education, Mindfulness, Glasser’s Quality Schools etc.