Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Brilliant Strategies to Engage and Develop Yrs 7 – 10 English
The crème-de-la crème of English lessons.
All these strategies have been trialled in all types of classes – from the best to the worst. All are matched to the appropriate Curriculum standards
- Great ways to make the basics memorable.
- Sure-fire writing tasks that will have students producing their best-ever pieces.
- Multi-level lessons that engage all learners.
- Strategies to make poetry teaching a breeze.
- Extension activities that really stretch.
- Visual approaches that make learning stick
- Oral work that makes learning fun and challenging
- Using Drama to enhance learning and increase motivation
- Engaging with the real world to ensure quality
- ICT based lessons that are really worthwhile
Ron has been teaching Junior English for over 30 years from remedial to Gifted and Talented – and still does. He has delivered Professional Development for English teachers for a decade in all states of Australia and at VATE, Pearson and Critical Agendas Conferences. He is a published poet, Feature Writer, Travel Writer and author of a Drama Textbook. His Drama background makes for scintillating English classes and workshops. A Gold Level Toastmaster, he brings Public Speaking skills to English teaching. Ron’s seminars are highly interactive and you’ll walk away with a swag of immediately useful resources for your classes.