Save The Date
Building Classroom Discipline
The name of this webinar says it all – classroom discipline is a process not an event. How do we begin this process of building a model of classroom discipline for early, middle and senior years? Participants in this webinar will be guided through a range of responses to key questions including –
- What are the best philosophies or approaches to use?
- Who are the most effective & relevant authors and researchers to take notice of?
- How long does it take to establish a classroom discipline model?
- Do I need to start again or am I already doing a lot of things well?
- How will I know if it is working?
Participants will examine and apply the most important management and discipline approaches, from Redl, Wattenberg, Skinner, and Glasser through to Jones, Kagan, Cook, Sagai, Zehr and others.
This webinar has two main goals. The first is to help participants understand and become highly competent in today’s major concepts, terminology, approaches, and strategies in discipline.
The second goal is to assist teachers in organizing systems of management that best meet their needs and those of their students. A comprehensive review of outstanding strategies and tactics is presented with further information and guidance to help teachers develop effective, well-rounded systems of management and discipline for any class.