Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Catering for the Most Gifted Students across the Curriculum (T2)
It has always pained me how we spend so much time and resources on bringing up the strugglers when our brightest and best are often left to languish.
‘How to effectively accelerate and extend highly able students’ will redress this in your classroom
After this seminar, you’ll walk away with a swag of immediately implementable strategies to extend your top end.
But what is extension? We’ll discover the activities, language and processes that really do empower better thinking. Not just Bloom’s higher orders but also utilising multiple intelligences.
Just some of the activities you will confidently use are:
- Utilising objective problem solving tools to enhance creativity and improve outcomes
- Connections to the real world to raise the bar- international audiences, critical peers and multinational teams
- Actual input into real world problem solving
- Ethical and philosophical dilemmas and how to tackle them
- Open ended, but quality controlled, learning quests
- Quiz strategies to test general knowledge and foster research
- Designing puzzles and games
- Turning them into the teacher
- And finally developing the interpersonal skills needed to communicate their advanced knowledge
I am really proud to share with you what a Perth participant said:
‘Presenter, Ron was absolutely fantastic – highly intelligent, packed a huge amount of information into a short time frame and all the resources were inspiring and usable. Ron was like the teacher I never had, but wished I’d had! Would recommend his presentation to anyone.’
The seminar comes with a comprehensive manual and online resources including a three year extension program outline.