Save The Date
Coping with Catastrophe – Learning and Teaching the Art of Emotional Agility
“Coping” is a multipurpose word that simply means how well do we battle with the world.
In the vast bowels of the Australian Curriculum there are only two mentions of the word “coping”, yet coping is the number one skill for any teacher in Australia during COVID 19 lockdown.
Anyone who has been teaching for the last few years can tell you that we were already dealing with a cohort of students who were less able to cope with “normal” life than they ever had been AND THEN you throw in a virus that does not play by the rules and EVERYTHING CHANGES!
This workshop is built around a philosophy of “staff first, kids next” and it builds a framework of understanding how to cope not only COVID lockdowns but also the other catastrophes the world delivers.
This workshop details how coping is skill of transition and how we need to have Proactive, Reactive and Post-active frameworks to develop our coping muscle in random times. It also describes the four types of coping strategies that we all use at some time in our life. (Positive, Negative, Neutral and Time out)
The workshop has two different focuses.
- Understanding what coping is, what strategies work best for us and when to use those strategies, then
- How do we teach these to a students, work communities, families, and parents.
The seminar contains tons of resources, lessons, clips, outlines, and tactics including…
- How changing your attitude about stress from negative to positive can help increase your coping ability.
- How personality matters and how to teach different strategies to different temperaments.
- How the most anxious kids can become the most resilient with six key understandings
- How agile planning can transform your schools and classroom
- How to teach positive habit developments
- How the goals you set really matter and how you need three sets types of goals to cope well (Big Hairy Audacious Goals, OKRs and Tiny Instant Necessary Goals) and why SMART goals will only make you feel bad in a crisis.
- What we can all learn from Duct Tape parenting
- How we can monitor our “Four Brains” to instantly cope better.
- How we can use Solution Focused Coaching to help kids build a narrative for positive success
This is a truly life changing seminar.
PLEASE NOTE that all of these seminars are limited to ten participants or less to ensure that the program fits the need of all participants.