Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Creating and Maintaining Positive Student Behaviour now and in 2022 November Session
This workshop explores strategies for creating a positive and productive working environment for students and teachers. Featuring highly effective, easy-to-implement classroom behavioural techniques, this course provides practical steps for teaching young people to take more responsibility for their own behaviour. Emphasis in the workshop is placed on finding the lowest level intervention possible for addressing off-task behaviours and getting students to concentrate on their learning – while also giving teachers a toolkit for addressing more extreme behaviours.
Objectives and Outcomes:
- Effective responses for pivoting around resistant or argumentative behaviours and getting students back to their learning.
- Non-verbal and other low-level intervention techniques for nudging towards better decisions
- Engagement techniques for getting and holding student attention
- Strategies for dealing with students who ‘can’t’ rather than ‘won’t’ behaviour
- Techniques for turning around class groups whose behaviour has become distracted and disruptive.