Creating Inquiry Learning Reflective of Student Agency and Innovation
This will be a practical workshop suitable for school leaders, curriculum leaders and teachers (Foundation – 6) wanting to further develop a contemporary Inquiry Learning model that actively engages students. During this workshop l will support participants to –
- Develop a greater understanding what is student voice and agency
- Explore the urgent need for pedagogical change that fosters student agency and innovation
- Engage participants in a practical experience of unpacking the Victorian Curriculum to form Inquiry Based units of work that ensures content is covered as students direct their own learning
- Build a greater understanding of metacognitive tools to scaffold inquiry learning
- Explore the inquiry phases of immersion and provocation, teacher modelled to student led inquiry and creative response phase, inclusive of self, peer and teacher assessment
By the end of this workshop, participants will have models from which they can build their own Inquiry Units for future teaching and a model to develop that will assist in documenting and tracking whole school inquiry curriculum planning and assessment.