Save The Date
Developing Creative Writing through the focus of students’ individuality and perspective -June 2021
This workshop is designed for English teachers of Years 7-10 to explore innovative strategies to approach creative writing whilst preparing students for the creative component of VCE English. This seminar will provide teachers with simple yet effective ways to unleash the power of expression within any student. Everyone has experiences and perspectives that are unique to themselves. Finding ways to uncover what’s inside the minds of your students and draw on this to create beautiful pieces of writing is easier than you think.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn practical and simple exercises to draw on students’ perspective to achieve unique written pieces.
- Discover ways to demonstrate the power of perspective to your students
- Take part in motivating activities designed for the classroom
- Examine sample texts that model the results of these strategies
- Explore strategies to help students transform their simple ideas into specific and expressive writing.