Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Developing Creative Writing through the focus of students’ individuality and perspective
This workshop is designed for English teachers of Years 7-10 to explore innovative strategies to approach creative writing whilst preparing students for the creative component of VCE English. This seminar will provide teachers with simple yet effective ways to unleash the power of expression within any student. Everyone has experiences and perspectives that are unique to themselves. Finding ways to uncover what’s inside the minds of your students and draw on this to create beautiful pieces of writing is easier than you think.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn practical and simple exercises to draw on students’ perspective to achieve unique written pieces.
- Discover ways to demonstrate the power of perspective to your students
- Take part in motivating activities designed for the classroom
- Examine sample texts that model the results of these strategies
- Explore strategies to help students transform their simple ideas into specific and expressive writing.