Differentiation for High Achievers
Amongst other Australian Professional Standards for Teachers 1.5, 1.6 and
4.1 will be a major focus during this workshop.
This program will assist teachers to use the Australian Curriculum
Framework to develop a variety of curriculum approaches that meet the
needs of High Achievers.
Key elements of the program include:
• How to use the achievement standards and strands to plan for relevant
learning for gifted and talented students and high achievers
• Understanding the learning needs of high achievers.
• Understanding the differences between acceleration and enrichment and
how to apply them.
• Identifying the evidence based research models that challenge and deepen
students’ capacity to problem solve and expand their thinking. This includes
models developed by Renzulli, Maker, Williams, Parnes and Kaplan.
• Identifying relevant strategies and techniques that challenge and engage
• Designing a unit of work that is based on one of the curriculum models.