Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Differentiators Mindset for Difficult to Teach Classes – August Session
There is a rock solid strategic set of steps to creating a classroom that responds to the needs of the students.
This direct workshop details how a classroom can move from ad hoc strategies for individual students to cooperative, skill filled classrooms that engages and motivates all students.
This workshop demonstrates how teachers need to
- Establish teacher-led standards and procedures which provide students with skills
- Cooperate with other students to work as a team
- Fulfils individual student’s needs, dreams and desires.
This presentations demonstrates how building trust and emotional safety changes brain chemistry and enables students to become aware of learning opportunities that they previously avoided.
The workshop is positively crammed full of teaching strategies and resources that enable teachers to design a range of differentiated offerings for students who struggle and features ”How to…” guides that the most successful differentiators use
- Flexible seating protocols that work.
- Assessment with care and direction
- Data Driven Instruction
- SODA feedback (Self-Assessment, Observation, Discussion and Analysis)
- Learning Journeys and Learning Journal that display the learning that matters
- The 6+1 Writing Scaffold that improves Reading and Writing.
- Enabling the magic of Choice
- Forming and reframing questioning
- Empowering students to lead
- Peer Enabled Restructured Classrooms
After 40 years of teaching Greg Mitchell has numerous strategies which he uses regularly to demonstrate differentiation in classrooms throughout Australia. Enthusiastic and honest he shows schools and classroom teachers how differentiation is an achievable process in even the most diverse schools.