Save The Date
Differentiators Mindset for Difficult to Teach Classes
The multifaceted art of teaching well.
Differentiation is the common-sense adjustments to learning made by teachers who listen to their students. It has many dimensions and needs to happen in every class ever taught.
There is a rock solid strategic set of steps to creating a classroom that responds to the needs of the students.
This workshop details how a classroom can move from teacher driven to student focused and provides the practical strategies to help you get there even with the toughest groups of students..
This workshop takes you on a tour of the
- MINDSETS: What the four major differentiation mindsets and when to use them. (Fixed, Growth, Benefit and Universal)
- GENERAL PRINCIPLES: The five general Principles of Differentiation (Environment, Curriculum, Assessment, Instruction and Routines)
- MAJOR LEARNING ADJUSTORS: The four major aspects that teachers use to vary learning. (Content, Process, Product and Tone)
- STUDENT VARIABLES: The three main ways that determine how students learn. (Readiness, Interest and Learning style.)
- INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES: A huge number of great strategies that really work.
The workshop shows you how to
- Make your students “QUESTION ABLE” by empowering them to ask questions and become consistently curios
- The steps needed to stretch students from Inquiry Based Learning to stretch students to Problem Based Learning then Project Based Learning then Phenomenon Based Learning to Genius Hour and beyond.’’
- Set up Sweet FA! (Sweet Formative Assessment)
- The joy of great “Station Rotation:” Using learning centres to empower student growth.