Save The Date
Effective Strategies to Maximise Learning for ASD Students
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers 1.5, 1.6 and 4.1 will be a main focus during this workshop. All recent studies support a rise in the prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) over time, especially since the 1990s. Current statistics estimate that 1:100 students have an ASD.
Although the core characteristics of ASD are consistent, no one child with Autism will have exactly the same pattern of strengths and needs as another.
The focus of this workshop is for participants to develop their capacity to understand and support the participation and learning of ASD students through targeted instruction and modification of physical, learning, communication and social-emotional classroom environments.
• Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders.
• Understanding the ASD Brain.
• Characteristics of Students with an ASD.
• Creating an Autism-Friendly Classroom.
• Instructional Strategies for Teaching a Student on the Autism Spectrum.