How To Create A Mentoring and Coaching Culture in Schools
During this practical workshop for school leaders, leading teachers and team leaders, we will explore the benefits of collaborative teams and their impact on student learning outcomes. I will also provide examples of the dialogical model for improvement, where teachers are a part of the planning and feedback loop for improvement.
- Practical links between the school’s Strategic Plan and teachers’ performance and development will be made through a working example
- Use of a proforma and script to unpack the story behind the data as a team will be modelled
- Examples of how to set team action research GROWTH goals will help schools ensure teachers are part of the process in leading the improvement
- The benefits of mentoring within teams and use of coaching will be highlighted using exemplars of practise
- We will explore the links between mentoring, coaching and professional development
By the end of the workshop, participants will have gained practical experience in using a data script, setting GROWTH goals and understanding the links for future coaching and mentoring. The notion of building and sharing expertise between teachers will lead to strengthening professional trust and promote a shared improvement journey for all.