How to create a next generation learning space…on any budget!
You will learn highly creative ways to engage students in the process, to promote ownership of the space, and begin to grow a student led culture of creative, collaborative problem solvers. You will learn how to acquire hardware and software for the space whilst saving money and stretching your budget to the max. Learn the secret to a sustainable maker space that continues to grow within your school. Learn proven techniques to build your Makerspace footprint within the school landscape – both physically and culturally. Discover ways to make your student led maker movement robust, real world and sustainable.
- Learn how to design and create an accurate model of your proposed Makerspace using easy to learn computer design software that will allow you to visualise your idea and sell the concept to others
- Explore how to collaboratively engage with your most important key stakeholders, the students, to empower and engage them in owning the new space and the ideas that grow within
- Investigate creative ways to embed the new space in the school culture with sustainable growth as a key focal point
- Learn how to stretch your budget to the maximum to yield a much higher net benefit for your students
- Learn how to promote student and staff buy in to manage change positively and powerfully in your school culture
- Take back to your school the practical skills to create a Makerspace/learning environment that will promote student ownership, engagement and collaborative skills growth