Save The Date
How to Effectively Teach Superb Essay Writing in English and Literature
- This workshop will investigate the following;
- Having something to say
- Teaching understanding of the texts/issue by using ‘chunking’ and ‘encapsulation’.
- Knowing what is required
- Teaching understanding of the task by visually rendering the task and visually rendering the criteria.
- Modelling the task
- Showing how it is done at the highest level.
- Teaching organisation skills required in essays
- The Macro (Whole essay) and Micro (Paragraphing) levels of organisation.
- Teaching advanced expression skills – Giving students the tools to answer
- How to quote – How to link – How to achieve compression –
- How to achieve expressiveness
- How to be convincing!
- The presenter requests that you attend this webinar on your own individual device please no shared screens.