Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
How to Effectively Teach Superb Essay Writing in English and Literature
- This workshop will investigate the following;
- Having something to say
- Teaching understanding of the texts/issue by using ‘chunking’ and ‘encapsulation’.
- Knowing what is required
- Teaching understanding of the task by visually rendering the task and visually rendering the criteria.
- Modelling the task
- Showing how it is done at the highest level.
- Teaching organisation skills required in essays
- The Macro (Whole essay) and Micro (Paragraphing) levels of organisation.
- Teaching advanced expression skills – Giving students the tools to answer
- How to quote – How to link – How to achieve compression –
- How to achieve expressiveness
- How to be convincing!
- The presenter requests that you attend this webinar on your own individual device please no shared screens.