Save The Date
Integrating SWPBIS & Restorative Practices
This webinar is ideal for classroom teachers, middle managers, principle class and all school-based staff interested in learning about School Wide Positive Behaviour Interventions and Supports (School-wide PBS) and Restorative Practices (RP). These are now both well-established programs in many Australian states and territories.
Classroom teachers and administrators would benefit from a ‘blueprint’ for whole school relationship management and development, without this schools are at risk of leaping on board the next initiative or shiny new thing.
Both philosophies are highly complementary however we often don’t take the time to develop an integrated model of promoting positive behaviour in our classrooms. Instead we sometimes rely on reactive models that are more punitive in nature to coerce compliance.
This workshop will explore and share how School-wide PBS & RP as a combined approach has the potential to –
- Improve general classroom & school climate & community relations
- Decreasing dependence on reactive disciplinary practices
- Maximizing academic achievement and instructional practice
- Improve supports for students with emotional & behavioural challenges
- Improve the efficiency of behaviour related initiatives including Restorative Practices, Assertive Discipline, Circles, Positive Education, Mindfulness, Glasser’s Quality Schools etc.
Learn how SWPBS & RP are not interventions or programs, but instead, a systems approach for the efficient adoption and implementation of effective and relevant behavioural supports and interventions in schools.