Save The Date
Leading a Restorative School
This one day workshop is designed for senior and middle managers in schools who are interested in or have implemented restorative practices. This workshop covers typical issues which confront senior and middle line managers in implementation strategies and overcoming obstacles to getting everyone on board and what a restorative school looks like, sounds like and feels like.
Participants will leave this workshop with skills and approaches to:
- Defining the ‘restorative’ classroom
- Defining the ‘restorative’ teacher profile – what they provide, focus on, and achieve
- Overcome change management issues with reluctant staff – getting everyone on the bus
- Changing hearts and minds – achieving the much needed culture shift
- Integrating a range of approaches including SWPBIS/Pos Ed/Respectful Relationships into a coherent model of behaviour management that is ‘restorative’ at its heart.
Enlightened educators also understand the benefits of transferring classroom based restorative philosophy and practice into how we should treat each other as a collegial group and how we need to align our professional practice with each other as a model for the school community. Without the courage to be restorative with each other, we fail to model those preferred behaviours missing the opportunity to maximise workplace productivity.