Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Managing and Responding to Extreme Behaviours
One of the most frustrating issues for many teachers is low level classroom disruptions often caused by challenging students. This webinar will address a range of common concerns about behaviour management that teachers share –
- What works with challenging students?
- How do I defuse conflict and reduce confrontation as the adult in the classroom?
- Is there a set of skills effective teachers use to reduce challenging behaviours?
- How can I manage less and teach more?
- Why do students behave like this – challenging!?
- What is an effective classroom behaviour plan with challenging students?
- How can I reflect on my teaching practice and examine what may be contributing to challenging behaviour?
This webinar will explore a classroom behaviour plan that all teachers can implement in their classroom and take away a range of tips and strategies that will support our toughest kids to begin cooperating. A key focus of this webinar will be the enlightening work of Ross Greene M.D who states that ‘students will do well if they can’ and challenges the faulty notion that ‘students will do well if they want to.’