Save The Date
Managing Extreme Behaviours
Planning for and managing aggressive, argumentative and non-compliant students is perhaps the most stressful demand on the 21st Century teacher. Yet, how much do we know about what drives this behaviour and what works? Do Zero Tolerance and Get Tough strategies deliver safer and calmer classrooms or do we need to differentiate and individualise our discipline planning?
This workshop will explore how to effectively manage very difficult students through evidence based research and practice. The skills, knowledge, and understandings covered in this workshop will include:
- Examine a framework of responsive regulation to underpin how your school does ‘discipline’.
- Define your own explicit relational practice to proactively reduce negative and antisocial behaviours and to promote positive behaviours
- Explore and implement an 10 step Strategic Approach to Behavioural Interventions
- Develop a framework of explicit discipline practice across all classrooms – What do we do? Why do we do it? Is it effective?
- Understand the conditions necessary for creating a calm and orderly classroom culture
- Understand how to challenge anti-social behaviour and change the conversation
- Explore the 10 essential skills and 19 strategies of authoritative teachers
- Apply life span development, brain science, attachment theory to our understanding of what makes behaviour so challenging
- Briefly investigate how to engaging parents and discussing what matters about their children