Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Managing Front of Office Relationships, Interpersonal Skills and Difficult Conversations
This three-part workshop will address strategies to improve your workplace
relationships and strategies to improve your communication skills including how to manage the difficult conversation. If you wish to build and develop the high performing Front of Office, then relationships and interpersonal skills should be at the top of your list.
If respectful relationships are at the core of your school vision and values,
then how is this translated into those very busy Front of Office relationships? The quality and nature of relationships in the school office will be a significant determinant in people’s perception of your school culture. Front of Office staff now have less time to do more things and have additional roles that for some of us were never trained for.
This program is ideal for general office staff whose role includes working with and supporting all members of complex school communities.
In this workshop participants will:
- Explore the range of interpersonal skills needed in the high performing Front of Office.
- Investigate a model of professional relationships between Front of Office staff.
- Take away a framework for developing a shared set of expectations to maximise relationships and productivity.
- Investigate the importance of body language across the front counter and with colleagues.
- Understand the issues that can sometimes make communication difficult.
- Learn to implement a guided approach to facilitating courageous conversations with parents and staff that really works!