Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Managing the Leadership of Students February 2022
Schools place great responsibility and trust in teachers that step up to middle management roles including Year Level Coordinators, Heads of House and Pastoral Leaders. One key question for staff that are ‘leading the management of students’ is how much PL are these professionals provided so that they thrive in their leadership job?
To thrive in the role leaders need to know –
- What the research about student discipline is telling us?
- How to develop an integrated model of behaviour management for their school
- What makes a consequence effective and how to support teachers in building positive classroom environments
- How to write and translate school discipline policy into behaviour changing practices
- What is the current landscape with best practice and what really works in the role
Participants will be provided with a Positive Behaviour Development document that practically supports classroom learning and teacher practice that can be adapted to all school settings.