Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
NEW AND EARLY CAREERS TEACHERS: Boost Your Students’ Exam Results + Confidence in Your Subject
without needing to be an ATAR expert. . .
so they achieve results that make YOU feel proud, impress your principal, and have parents sending you emails you actually want to open 😉
– Instantly-actionable concepts, proven strategies and powerful techniques from a Senior ATAR examiner that you can use immediately to have your students tackling any exam question, in any subject, with clarity and confidence… so they feel successful in your subjects, appreciate your teaching and love their results.
You will discover:
- The not-so-secret exam success formula – and the ingredient almost all students are missing (without even realising) and most uni’s barely teach.
- How to train your students in the critical techniques required for ultimate exam performance WITHOUT spending all weekend creating new resources or taking time away from teaching the content.
- Instantly-actionable tools you can incorporate into the classroom and have your students using the very next day.
- Strategic ways to use past papers so your students step into the examiner’s shoes and get clarity on what’s required (and what’s not) in mark schemes.
- How to combat ‘The Spaghetti Approach’, get kids out of the waffle zone and give them the tools to plan a succinct and focused response (that actually answers the question) 😉
This workshop is for you if:
- You’re in your first or second year of teaching and want to ensure your students get the results they’re capable of (especially in Years 9 – 12).
- You are confident in delivering subject content, but don’t yet have personal experience of writing or marking ATAR or external exams.
- You’re responsible for teaching senior students for ATAR exams.
- You deliver ‘study skills’ or ‘personal development’ lessons.
- You’re a teacher who’s over feeling frustrated that your students KNOW the content, they just don’t seem to be able to put it across in the way that exams, essay titles and assessments require!
- You teach students in Y9 – 12 and you can think of at least one student who…
- is getting top grades, but they’re slogging their guts out, getting stressed and spending hours upon hours studying to do it.
And it’d be awesome to have them still get those great results but reduce their stress, give them a little time to chill or for other sports or activities, or just be able to get exam prep, revision or assessment tasks done a little (or a LOT) more smoothly.
- just doesn’t seem to get the reward they deserve or that reflects their effort. They’re working hard, but their results in exams just don’t reflect their effort. These results, of course, can be demoralising for the student, a little bit heart-breaking for their parents, and well, kinda frustrating for teachers!
- is doing okay, but you just KNOW could be doing better, if only they had the right strategies, or got their one or two ‘missing pieces of the exam puzzle’ into place.
Maybe they don’t work as hard as they could, but if they just had the tools and techniques to study more strategically, if they could just get organised, time efficient and knew exactly WHAT to and HOW to do it, then things could go from average to awesome.