Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Positively Better Behaviour in your School
The case for change and the strategies to make it happen.
In October 2020 The NSW Education Department published the summary of five key research and discussion groups on student behaviour, mental health and well-being and stated…
“To improve school performance and lift student outcomes, we need ongoing improvement and system reform to further support and manage student behaviour.
Recent inquiries into student wellbeing identified systemic issues in the existing student behaviour framework and revealed opportunities to deliver better outcomes.
Broad themes included:
- a need to identify students at risk and students who require targeted interventions, at the school and system level, to design and deliver enhance responses – particularly those students in vulnerable cohorts
- the importance of building the capacity of teachers, specialist staff and school staff to better support and manage student behaviour through enhanced professional learning, as well as the establishment of a dedicated expert workforce
- reviewing the suspension policy framework and associated guidance for staff.”
Positively Better Behaviour in Your School (PBBIYS!) is a workshop designed to prepare schools to develop an agile model of better dealing with negative behaviours in your school.
The workshop shows how to
- Uncover the function of negative behaviours. (What the func!)
- Create an agile team response to problem behaviours,
- Target trouble spots,
- Up-skill the teachers who need it,
- Create an in-school professional development program targeted to the needs of teachers under stress,
- Develop focussed, intense change programs for troubled students,
- Find, explore, and create alternatives to suspension and withdrawal,
- Involve students in finding solutions that last,
- Create flexible proactive programs for at risk year level groups and
- Win the playground.
This is a fast paced, strategy packed workshop for schools, leaders, teachers, and support staff who genuinely want to improve the behaviour in their school.