Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement. Please note Critical Agendas reserves the right to transfer participants from face to face to webinar format with price adjustments (if required), should minimum numbers not be met for face to face event
Restorative Practices in Schools – 2 Day Workshop 2013
This two-day webinar is ideal for teachers, support staff and leadership. The restorative practice movement is gaining ever greater momentum with new approaches and ideas being developed each day that will be shared during this webinar.
The webinar will focus on 3 key themes –
- Review of restorative practices theory and philosophy.
- Practical classroom applications of relational problem solving
- Investigation of an integrated model of where restorative practice ‘fits’ within a best practice classroom discipline plan and strategies for whole school implementation.
This webinar will support schools that understand how important strong and healthy relationships are to maximising student outcomes and a supportive school community. Participants are encouraged to bring along their issues or concerns about how restorative practices is applied in classrooms and playground and of course your stories of success and positivity!
This comprehensive two-day workshop will teach and explore the following content:
- Restorative Justice philosophy and values
- Restorative Practices approaches and strategies
- The biological and sociological theory that underpins restorative practices
- Facilitation of a wide range of restorative processes including affective statements, restorative chats and small group conferences.
- A range of hybrids and differentiated approaches to support students with social and emotional needs.
- Issues and strategies concerning the implementation of restorative practice in schools