Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Seven Skills of Effective Teachers
What do effective teachers say and do? A core responsibility for all teachers is to create an environment in which all students can learn and thrive. An effective classroom environment does not happen by accident or magic; the skills and knowledge need to be learned and then practiced and refined over many years.
In this session you will be taken through the following seven steps to achieve a calm and productive classroom:
- Classroom expectations shared & owned (learning norms & behaviours)
- Classroom routines taught & known (actively teaching skills for success)
- Active supervision of students (proactive relationships & behaviour promotion)
- Positive environment (6:1 positive to negative ratio/classroom dialogue)
- Functional physical layout (setting the room up for success)
- Maximize academic engagement (collaboration & curiosity)
- Predictable responses to problem behaviour (promoting positive behaviours)
At the end of this session, you will have a set of 7 key skills to reflect on in your classroom that effective teachers have used for many years in education.