Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Strategies to Thrive as a Year Level Coordinator July 2022
The role of year level co-ordinator (YLC) is a critical third-party intervention to support active problem solving so students and teachers can work more effectively together, strengthening skills and capacity.
This session will offer opportunities to learn and develop your skills including:
- How to communicate more effectively
- How to manage difficult conversations with parents, staff & students
- Develop a greater understanding of why students escalate
- Devise effective coping strategies for students when they escalate
- Develop a proactive problem-solving strategy which enables solution focused thinking
- Review serious incidents using an emergency management process to prevent, prepare, respond and recover as part of a whole school response to challenging behaviours from students
- Managing time and focus as a YLC.