Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Systematic Synthetic Phonics
Systematic Synthetic Phonics instruction has been identified in Australia and other English-speaking countries as the most successful approach to the teaching of reading and spelling, particularly for students with specific learning difficulties. Most teachers ‘do’ phonics, but can instruction and student gains be optimised? In this course, participants will learn about the features of high quality phonics instruction and become familiar with terrific programs, strategies, multisensory activities and resources they can use in designing an effective program.
- Phonics instruction at my school
- Research findings on reading and spelling performance and their implications for instruction
- The features and structure of high quality systematic synthetic phonics programs
- Evaluating and comparing programs
- Multisensory activities and resources for teaching synthetic phonics
- Planning for systematic phonics instruction in your literacy program