Save The Date
No applications for this program will be accepted after all vacancies have been filled. Unsuccessful applicants will have their monies refunded in full. Cancellation prior to two weeks before the program date (cut-off date) will incur a 15% service charge per applicant. This program will be payable in full for cancellations made on or after the cut-off date or for failure to attend the program. All cancellations must be in writing and emailed to us. In the event of insufficient applications this program will not proceed and registration monies be fully refunded. In the event of this program being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances registration monies only will be refunded as Critical Agendas will not accept liability for the payment of any other associated costs. Critical Agendas reserves the right to vary the advertised programs prior to commencement.
Teaching Complex, Hard to Reach, Disinterested and Disruptive Students Term 3
Complex students are easy to find.
In any school they tend to be the kids who are;
- lack focus or hyper focus on things that don’t matter,
- weak time managers,
- poor at controlling their impulses,
- exaggerated in their emotional responses,
- hyper or hypo activate, and
- slow at executive functioning.
This workshop provides teachers, behaviour coordinators, teacher assistants and support personnel with strategies, techniques, and ideas designed to prevent motivation and discipline problems in the most difficult of classrooms.
Here you will discover specific strategies and techniques designed to change attitudes and create positive environments capable of great change.
The workshop contains…
- How school is perceived from a complex student’s point of view
- How coaching and teaching differ.
- Why students misbehave.
- The gender issues in complexity.
- How Behavioural Intelligence works.
- How to mine teachable moments.
- What is “fair” as opposed to “equal”.
- Power of predictability.
- Why Solution Focused Therapy works with tough kids.
- How relationships really matter.
- How to be the second to last word person
- The creative teaching strategies that work.
- How to defuse power struggles
This workshop has the potential to dramatically change teachers’ and students’ lives.