Save The Date
Teaching Complex, Hard to Reach, Disinterested and Disruptive Students
Complex students are easy to find.
In any school they tend to be the kids who are;
- lack focus or hyper focus on things that don’t matter,
- weak time managers,
- poor at controlling their impulses,
- exaggerated in their emotional responses,
- hyper or hypo activate, and
- slow at executive functioning.
This workshop provides teachers, behaviour coordinators, teacher assistants and support personnel with strategies, techniques, and ideas designed to prevent motivation and discipline problems in the most difficult of classrooms.
Here you will discover specific strategies and techniques designed to change attitudes and create positive environments capable of great change.
The workshop contains…
- How school is perceived from a complex student’s point of view
- How coaching and teaching differ.
- Why students misbehave.
- The gender issues in complexity.
- How Behavioural Intelligence works.
- How to mine teachable moments.
- What is “fair” as opposed to “equal”.
- Power of predictability.
- Why Solution Focused Therapy works with tough kids.
- How relationships really matter.
- How to be the second to last word person
- The creative teaching strategies that work.
- How to defuse power struggles
This workshop has the potential to dramatically change teachers’ and students’ lives.