Turning the Corner: From “Problem Kid” To “Kid with Problems”
Helping Hard to Reach, Uninterested and Disruptive Students find the skills to make them successful.
Working with difficult kids is hard, but there are strategies that every teacher can learn so that they become the person who helps that kid turn the corner.
This workshop details a host of tactical and practical responses that teachers and administrators can design to help students modify their behaviour, get in control of their temper, find their dreams and change direction.
The workshop details how to create
- Your own personal charter for how you will deal with a disruptive student
- How to reframe your view of the student from “problem” to “opportunity”
- How to build a positive relationship with a difficult kid
- How to use the mechanics of interest to find the topic that starts a student’s engine
- How to deal with power struggles
- How to diagnose behaviours and understand the needs that drive them
- How to pass your insights onto others who might have to teach that child
You will be provided with over thirty teaching strategies, great websites, a host of clips and a copy of Greg Mitchell’s book “The Behaviour Ambulance.
Greg Mitchell is one of the most enthusiastic, engaging and informative speakers you will ever see, Greg has been working with thousands of educators all over Australia! He is a highly sought after presenter who will leave you believing that you can be successful with any student in your class.