Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and implementing educational strategies
The ASD workshop will cover –
- What is ASD?
- ASD diagnosis
- What is Autistic Disorder (AD)?
- What is Asperger’s Syndrome (AS)?
- What is Childhood Disintegrative Disorder (CDD)?
- What is Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
- Co-morbid conditions associated with ASD
- Executive Functioning
- Indicators for students with ASD and other co-morbid conditions School wide strategies
- Strategies for the classroom
- Independent Learning Plans (ILPs)
- Behaviour Modification Plans (BMPs) / Behaviour Support Plans Strategies for in the yard