Understanding how to challenge and extend Gifted and Talented Learner
This workshop will look at the learning needs of Gifted and Talented students and investigate curriculum models that have been developed to challenge and extend these learners.
Curriculum models that will be explained include:
- Differentiating for Gifted and Talented learners
- The Enrichment Triad – Renzulli and Reis
- Creative Problem Solving
- Kaplan’s Depth and Complexity Model
- Maker’s Differentiation Model
- Paul’s Reasoning Wheel
- Problem Based Learning
- Taylor’s Multiple Talent Model
Educators will have an opportunity to select a model of their choosing and develop a unit outline for a targeted group of gifted and talented learners.