Save The Date
Unlocking Autism: The Keys to Deep Defensive Mood
People with Autism do not suffer from Autism they suffer from people who do not understand autism!
This interesting and highly practical workshop is designed for teachers and teacher assistants who work with autistic students and who would like to help with unlocking the puzzling aspects of motivating students who do not respond in a “normal way”.
This workshop focuses on ten aspects of Autism and practical ways to deal with these characteristics and help Autistic Students thrive.
- What Autism is and is not.
- How not to teach social skills
- How understanding deep defense mode changes a teachers perspective. Are they defiant or overwhelmed?
- What it feels like to be scared, dysregulated and shut down.
- How to help a student get out of defense mode using a different approach
- Defrosting the freeze loop: why are they stuck and shutdown?
- How to motivate Autistic students without manipulation
- Why rewards & punishment don’t work for people with Autism
- The trust building process: 4 steps to building trust
- Exploring the science of expectation