Virtual Reality in the classroom – Ready Player One?
This hands on workshop will immerse you in the skills and techniques that you need to take your learning program to the next level with VR as a learning tool. Learn evidence based techniques for integrating VR in a student centered and engaging way that focuses on creativity and contemporary skill growth. You will learn the evidence, rationale and contemporary, real world applications of VR as a learning tool in a practical and fun setting. Find out how to introduce VR as a robust and meaningful tool that creates deeper learning for contemporary skills growth in your students. Learn first hand how VR can be used to reduce anxiety and heighten the effect of mindfulness in the learning environment. Understand how experiential learning via VR can engage students with greater empathy in their study subjects. Experience proven techniques to use this technology in a student led and collaborative way that will take your pedagogy and student outcomes to the next level.
Are you ready Player one?
- Explore the how and why of VR in education and it’s real world application
- Take part in hands on sessions as you EXPERIENCE the latest VR equipment in a collaborative, fun and creative setting
- Learn how to create cost effective strategies to enable your students to learn with VR without evaporating your budget
- Experience mindfulness activities in VR and understand how it can be used for creating calmer, more empathic learning environments
- See how VR can be used as a competitive tool to promote interschool eSports that result in collaborative competition without aggression
- Take away a summary guide on how to implement VR as a learning tool at your school, including some great, ready to use, unit plan ideas