Save The Date
Working with video in the Language classroom
We can all remember the excitement we felt as students when we saw our teacher wheeling the AV trolley into the classroom and we knew we were going to be watching a film. While the technology has certainly changed, videos still have the power to motivate and engage students. Video is gaining ground as the medium of choice for young people today and in this workshop, participants will explore:
- The practicalities of using video with students: What to show? How to show it? How much to show?
- Video as a teaching tool
- Using authentic videos with learners of all levels
- Interpretive activities based around videos
- Presentational tasks using video
- Video as a reflection of target language culture
- Students as creators, and not just consumers, of digital media
This is a practical workshop, where participants will spend time working with videos and will come away with a host of new ideas as time will be devoted to developing new learning activities using video. Although the examples given in this workshop will come from French or English, the ideas presented are general in nature and can be applied in most Language classrooms, so teachers of all languages are encouraged to attend.