How to Effectively Teach Superb Essay Writing in English & Literature
This workshop will investigate the following;
- Having something to say Teaching understanding of the texts/issue by using ‘chunking’ and ‘encapsulation’.
- Knowing what is required Teaching understanding of the task by visually rendering the task and visually rendering the criteria.
- Modelling the task Showing how it is done at the highest level.
- Teaching organisation skills required in essays The Macro (Whole essay) and Micro (Paragraphing) levels of organisation.
- Teaching advanced expression skills – Giving students the tools to answer How to quote – How to link – How to achieve compression – How to achieve expressiveness – How to be convincing!