Presented by: Emily Ballenden
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
The ASD Workshop will cover:
- What is ASD?
- ASD diagnosis
- What is Autistic Disorder (AD)?
- What is Asperger’s Syndrome (AS)?
- What is Childhood Disintegrative Disorder (CDD)?
- What is Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
- Co-morbid conditions associated with ASD
- Executive Functioning
- Indicators for students with ASD and other co-morbid conditions School wide strategies
- Strategies for the classroom
- Independent Learning Plans (ILPs)
- Behaviour Modification Plans (BMPs) / Behaviour Support Plans Strategies for in the yard
Friday 22nd February, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Target Audience: Primary and Secondary Teachers.
|$279.00 + GST|
About the Presenter
Emily Ballenden is the founder of Emily’s Special Education Services, a specialist teacher and private SEN tutor. She holds a Bachelor of Education P-12, a Post-Graduate Certificate in Educational Learning and Leadership and a Master’s in Special Education.
Currently based in schools as a specialist SEN educator, she works with students, parents, teachers and principals to customise ILPs and implement learning strategies. Emily has extensive experience in teaching SEN students and nurturing the individual educational needs of students with SLDs such as; Dyslexia, Working Memory Disorder, Auditory Processing Disorder, ASD, ADHD and Giftedness. Emily runs interactive seminars with audience participation through discussions and question time.