Presented by: Greg Mitchell
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
Setting up a classroom for a brilliant year is not an easy task but one that pays dividends as time goes by.
This day focuses on demonstrating the strategies, tactics and sequences needed for early careers teachers to have a great start to the year.
This is an interactive day which is drenched in practise as our presenters demonstrate classroom procedures backed up by a huge pile of ready to use resources.
Throughout the early career teachers and teachers wishing to reboot their careers will learn strategies which show them how to;
• Teach the five major social skills.
• Set up a classroom agreement to get buy in from students.
• Create an orderly but engaging entry routine.
• Enable students to be engaged in learning as soon as they sit down.
• Use tight transitions tactics to save time and physically engage students.
• Control the paper and develop knowledge control strategies.
• Gain and maintain attention and quieten rowdy behaviour.
• Ensure students have materials and are ready to work.
• Focus attention with eye contact and simple directions.
• Use the key dimensions of a great lesson to create quality lessons.
• Organise a room for maximum engagement.
Tuesday 12th March, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Target Audience: Early career teachers and teachers wishing to reboot their careers.
|$279.00 + GST|
About the Presenter
Greg Mitchell is an established and highly sought after consultant who works with teachers, parents and administrators where it counts... in schools and in classrooms.
He regularly teaches in classrooms in primary and secondary schools all over Australia demonstrating the changes that really work. Greg is an exceptional presenter with the ability to connect with educators, to challenge them and provide many practical strategies that work! Great knowledge, practical, dynamic and very entertaining!