VCE English Literature
Presented by: Glen Pearsall
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
This workshop is specifically designed for Year 12 Literature teachers who want explore new and engaging ways to teach the new VCE course. The session will discuss a host of practical strategies for refining your teaching practice and improving the sophistication and fluency of student responses.
• Explore engaging ways to help students master writing timed close analysis responses and addressing the views and values of the text
• Discuss strategies for teaching the newest elements of the course, with a particular emphasis on the Literary Perspectives
• Trial deliberative practice exercises for teaching the skills specific to VCE Literature
• Explore model answers and analyse the 2018 Literature Exam report
• Learn specific strategies for reducing correction while improving teacher feedback
Friday 29th March, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Target Audience: Year 12 Literature Teachers.
|$299.00 + GST|
About the Presenter
Glen Pearsall has been a leading teacher and a Board Member of the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority. He is the author of the best-selling And Gladly Teach, and co-author of Literature for Life and Work Right. Glen works throughout Australia as an educational consultant, specialising in instructional practice, coaching and school leadership. He has a particular interest in the work of graduate and pre- service teachers and has worked as a seminar leader and research fellow at the Centre for Youth Research in the Education Faculty, University of Melbourne.