The Behaviour Ambulance
Presented by: Greg Mitchell
Event Information: 6 PD Hours
Behaviour changing strategies for stressed teachers with challenging students There is not a teacher in the world who has taught anything worth learning who at some time has not come in contact with a class of students who made them wonder why they had chosen teaching, instead of something a little easier like defusing land mines, blindfolded. There are some groups of students, for whatever mix of the 80 or so variables that go to explain a child’s behaviour, who are just plain hard to teach.
This highly interactive, activity driven workshop shares with teachers the tactics, strategies and systems that keep students positive, deal with disruptions, take charge of problems and chart a positive productive future. This workshop will show early career teachers how to...
- Understand the dimensions of conflict resolution
- Learn and use the HALT method of defusing bad behaviour
- Deal with repeated offensive behaviours and how to draw up simple one page action plans
- Manage groups and develop collaborative practice that engage more students in learning
- Set up peer mediation and train students how to fight fair
- Raise behaviour standards by developing 100% commitment to high performance and good behaviour
- Give specific directions based on informing student what they need to do
- Strengthen their voice and develop nonverbal influence
- Maintain positive language, positive greetings and a high standard of civil conversations
This workshop is backed up by a huge range of resources, clips, websites and a copy of Greg Mitchell’s book The Behaviour Ambulance which contains over 80 strategies that really work for difficult students and angry parents.
Thursday 13th June, 2019
|9.30am - 3.30pm (Reg. from 8.30am)|
Venue to be advised
Target Audience: Primary and Secondary Teachers.
|$329.00 + GST|
About the Presenter
Greg Mitchell has taught every year level from year one to year twelve in his teaching career and has a wealth of teaching insights, ploys, methods and resources to share on teaching and learning. He now does teaching demonstrations with classrooms throughout Australia. His aim is to demonstrate to both teachers and students how it is possible to engage everyone in learning by using a mixture of planning, resources, tactics, skills and strategies.
Greg suffers from enthusiasm and a great desire to share all of his resources with as many teachers as he can.